Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Life is so not fair

So I found out on Sunday that my brother-in-law and his wife are pregnant. 10 1/2 weeks in fact. We spent all afternoon crying. I know that this is going to be hard for me and my husband to deal with at all the family functions. As a matter of fact, I told my husband that I would not be attending any functions until we are pregnant. I just don't think I can deal with all of the "happiness" while I'm still trying to deal with my sadness. People are so inconsiderate. Especially family. They say things like "it will happen, just give it time", "Be patient", etc. etc. But none of that makes me feel any better. Then they have the nerve to ask me if I'm pregnant. If and when I get pregnant again I will tell them when I good and ready feel like it! I'm still angry about my loss. I don't understand why everyone else around me can have babies except me! i have had 4 cousins give birth and several people at work and now my husband's brother and his wife are expecting too! Don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, but I'm still torn up about my loss and my infertility issues. I'm going to the doctor on Thursday for some testing. We'll see what happens then. I'm not looking forward to being poked and prodded. I just want to know if something is wrong. We got pregnant the first month we tried before and now it's been 13 months since the miscarriage. It's so frustrating every month to not be pregnant. I feel like all the intimate moments are just for "trying" to make a baby. Why does it seem to be so easy for everyone else? I wish others could feel what I feel. I wish they could just have a taste of my sorrow and sadness. Everyday I think about my twins that I lost. It's not fair. But I guess that's life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.