Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well...Here we go!

As soon as AF shows up, my hubby and I have decided to move forward with the IUI. She was supposed to appear on Friday, but has neglected to show up so far. I do not get my hopes up about being pg when she is late. You must remember that I was once 23 days late, with no BFP! So a few days doesn't mean anything to me. For those of you who have gone through an IUI, please leave me a comment as to what to expect. I'm a little scared that it will hurt very badly. I had an HSG done back in April and it was extremely painful. Can we say cervix clamp? That was the only thing that was painful, the rest was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I pray he doesn't use a cervix clamp for this, but I guess if it's necessary, I will endure it once again. Anyone else had a cervix clamp used on them?

Please leave comments and let me know if you read my blog, I would love to know who all of you are! Also, if you've gone through an IUI, please let me know what to expect. Thanks so much!

Blessings!

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I've never had a cervix clamp used. Basically it's like a pap smear... but instead of scraping for a sample, they use the catheter needle to inject the sperm. I'm not sure if all the procedures have opened my cervix up or not (my first biopsy was really tough), but by the time I moved to IUIs I didn't even feel them go through the cervix.

Essentially procedure at our clinic. Hubby gives his sample. I return later and pick it up. You have to keep it warm until you get to the exam room (I put it in my bra). Then go into exam room. Give nurse sample. Lie on exam table, everything off your bottom half. They insert speculum. Then insert the catheter. Then you put your knees up and lie on the table for 10 minutes. Dress and leave.

*HUGS*

Elaine said...

I've had 3 IUI's. The worst part for me was the insertion of the catheter. It's not unbareable, but it's moderate cramping. I'd recommend taking 2 tylenol before the appt. The entire process lasts only a few minutes. After it's over you feel fine...